Full body relaxation massage with aromatherapy oils include your back, the front and back of your legs (including thighs), your feet, your arms and your chest. During an hour of indulgence, this treatment will totally relax you and help drive out tensions. It’s a perfect antidote to the stresses of modern life.
What essential oils do I use?
The oils used in aromatherapy massage come from proven plant essences and are pre-blended by ourselves from a range of aromatherapy massage oils. Depending on your requirements, I will recommend a synergistic blend in particular combination of oils to suit your needs.
To heighten your relaxation, we also use inhalation bowls during aromatherapy massages. As you inhale the oils’ aromas, a natural chemical message is sent to your brain to trigger delicious emotional responses such as these thus making you:
- Evoking positive memories
- Energise you
- Making you feel safe and secure
- Reminding you of times when you felt relaxed.
How essential oils work
Essential oils can be applied topically to the skin. Our skin is somewhat permeable. The active chemicals in essential oils are absorbed just like the ingredients in common pharmaceuticals such as hormone replacement therapy cream and nicotine patches.
Different factors can affect the absorption of essential oils through the skin. If you massage the area first, it will increase circulation to that area, thereby causing an increase in absorption of essential oils. Heat will likewise increase circulation and thus enhance absorption.
Some researchers report that essential oils may be more readily absorbed from skin locations with greater concentrations of sweat glands and hair follicles, such as the genitals, head, soles, palms, and armpits (Battaglia, 2003).
- Rose, Geranium & Jasmine – to help with anxiety, depression & stress.
- Bergamot & Petitgrain – to help calm & relax you.
- Lavender & Geranium – to help with exhaustion & to uplift you.
- Marjoram, Juniper, Sage & rosemary – to help with muscular sprains, tension & pain
- Clary Sage, Lemon & Camomile – to help strengthen the immune system.
- Lavender & Rose – to help with insomnia & nervous tension.
When used during your aromatherapy body massage, essential oils work on two levels (absorption and inhalation) to deliver a skin conditioning massage that is pure indulgence. As well as being a fabulous luxury experience, your massage can also give relief from conditions such as the following: Stress
- Hormone imbalances
- Aches and pains
In fact, the power of therapeutic massage can be harnessed to help with a wide range of conditions. Please tell us if there is something special we can help with.
Your luxury treat is just a call away
Do you fancy an escape from work pressures or the trials of an exhausting family life?
- A special treat for you or a group of friends?
- Whether you enjoy aromatherapy massage alone or combine your treatment with other therapies such as an aromatherapy facial?
Gower Holistic Therapies are synonymous with making you unwind and enjoy a relaxing aromatherapy massage.
30 mins £25.00
60 mins £40.00